What is an ATAP permit
Is ATAP the same as a bartender license in New York?The New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) requires that all employees who sell or serve alcohol in New York State complete an Alcohol Training Awareness Program (ATAP) course. The ATAP course covers topics such as:
- The laws and regulations governing the sale and service of alcohol in New York State
- How to identify and prevent intoxicated customers
- How to handle alcohol-related incidents
- How to create a safe and responsible drinking environment
To get an ATAP permit, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an ATAP training course (the bartender license course is approved for NY)
ATAP permits are valid for 3 years.Here are some of the benefits of having an ATAP permit:
- It shows that you are committed to responsible alcohol service.
- It can help you get a job in the hospitality industry.
- It can help you avoid fines and other penalties for serving alcohol to minors or intoxicated customers.
- It can help you protect yourself and your customers from the dangers of alcohol abuse.